Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 39- New Challenge?

I thought my vision was getting better.

To be honest I did think my vision was getting better. However it turns out I was just getting in shape. Funny right? Yeah well it kind of is. When I started swimming in September my vision would become all strange, but over time it seemed to get better. I wasn't noticing it as much when I swam and now I was able to swim harder and longer, with nothing wrong. Then I played volleyball last night, I had a feeling it wouldn't be alright and I was right. I was good for about the first 10 points and then I strained to be able to see that darn ball. It came down to the point where I just hoped the other team would win the second set so we wouldn't have to play three. Of course I wasn't going to throw the set, but I did think about it. (I am not one to just submit to losing, not if I have anything to say about it)

This was discouraging, frustrating to know that playing sports now has a whole new element. Maybe this is a new challenge, for me to not be self-conscious and find something that will keep my body cool, my cooling necklace, maybe a cooling vest. I don't know, we will see what happens. I plan on starting to get into shape again. (Last nights other realization...feels like my muscles have atrophied due to not using them, like at all these past few months) So hopefully I will find something that works and helps me see... I mean I guess I could just use treadmills and tie myself onto a leash so it doesn't matter if I can see or not. (Common I'm kidding-this is me joking) But I will see what I can do... any ideas?

Thanks.

~Just a Girl

No comments: