Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 44-Somethings Make Me Think

Some things make me think and thankful. So all for the past few weeks, oh wait hang on, since my first midterm I have been studying. But today was no different. I woke up at 7:30, dropped some stuff off for my mom and when to the pool for 2 hours. I ran, worked out for half an hour and then went swimming for 40 minutes. It felt good.

Then I studied for at least 4 hours... but one of the things I was studying today was Pathophysiology. My friend and I were reviewing all the the body systems. I was going through the older ones and she was doing some of the newer stuff (smarter strategy... because that is the stuff that I don't know but that is really beside the point) She was doing the neurologic system. She was going through all of the diseases that could happen to the brain and neurologic system. Geepers, if you don't know about some of them they are awful! Some of happen within like hours and leave you almost completely paralyzed. Seriously? Others make your brain swell and you cannot function, speak, walk, talk. I don't understand how some of these diseases can happen so fast, so quick and out of nowhere.

Now think about it...Well for me anyways, I will think about my life. Dang! it is good. I can walk, talk, see -most of the time, I can feel in my hand and the numbness is gone in my upper body, I am able to live. Maybe a little slower and more tired than most of the people around me but I am alive. I am thankful. I enjoy my life. I am happy. But I also am frustrated, I get tired easily, I did not expect to have MS. I did not hope for it. But I can be thankful for it. I do fully believe that this is something that will benefit me in the long run. Maybe it will help me to become more empathetic when I come across someone who has MS in my nursing career. Maybe it will be a journey that does end. Maybe I will be able to go through one whole day without thinking about the fact I have MS. I dunno how thankful I sound for this...but I have found joy in looking for things to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for MS. What are you thankful for? (Share if you like in the comments or at least just think abut it)

Have a good night.

~Just a Girl

2 comments:

Mom said...

So glad to hear you got a 74% That is wonderful. Any more exams coming up this week? I will keep praying for your to have the motivation to study and the ability to remember it, and think clearly when you do write the exam. See you in one week!

Love you,
mom

Unknown said...

I am thankful for you.