Saturday, December 29, 2012

And If I was stronger...

I have found a great new artist, I mean she has been around for a while but I have discovered she has more than the one song I had listened to, to death. Ingrid Michaelson- Sort Of. I love her voice and lyrics aren't all that bad either. (The title is lyrics from the song I was listening to)

But the reason for this post was to show you these two verses that I found, they are quite great and I wanted to share them with you guys..
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
-Phillipians 4:13

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
-2 Corinthians 12:9-10



Oh goodness, I have to tell you about my day, it was so wonderful- One thing that absolutely fills and warms my heart (besides a shower when I am FREEZING!) is meeting new people. My mom has been telling me when I go home for second semester that I should go and see if I can find new people to meet. But honestly I am finding it hard to make new friends when the friends I have had for so long or just became close with are leaving me or moving away. Which is hard for me because I also find it hard to make good close friends- I am super insecure when it comes to friendships/relationships. I don't really know why, but I am. So anyways I had this absolutely awesome time meeting someone new...kind of a sweet story--

Once upon a time, I decided I liked photography......(3 years later) I went on Craigslist and decided to buy a camera...(1 week later) I met the owner of my wonderful camera. Of course before I went to go meet her I had to check her out and see what she was all about. Facebook Profile. Facebook Photography Page. Website. Seemed pretty sweet...then, I saw we had mutual friends. We met. She seemed really sweet.. and I left secretly wishing we lived in the same town so we could become friends. haha Now that I write this out I sound stalker-ish. Oh well... it goes on. I then saw her Facebook Page one day and she was giving away a portrait session for free! So I had to enter my name. Hoping I would win. GUESS WHAT!?! I did! So today I met up with her in Ft. Langley. It was absolutely wonderful, we went for coffee, we laughed (for real and sometimes a little awkwardly when trying to get that 'perfect shot'), walked around and down by the river, talked and just had a really good time. It was so good. And we lived happily ever --in the start of hopefully a good friendship.

Anyways, I am freezing so I should go find a way to warm up. Have a great rest of your evening!

~Just a Girl

No comments: