Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 72- Too True

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor"

Ok, think about this with me... it has been on my mind a lot lately. What would life be life if we didn't have any challenges? If we could go through every day or at least most days or most of the day with out feeling like things weren't falling down around you or you weren't faced with hard or silly things like choosing between butter chicken or chinese food for dinner. Some days I wonder what it would be like...but then not even a minute later I think, why? What would that be like to have no challenges...it well, wouldn't be challenging. Who woulda thunk? What would I learn from having an easy life. What does any one learn from easy?

Looking back at this last year I think about the types of things I have faced. With my health, school, relationships. It was hard. I also know that it is not going to be smooth sailing.. there are bound to be more storms, and they are not going to be easy. But here we go and thank you for being apart of my journey. --Day 72

Day 84- Well well well.

So my words have proven true. This semester has started off with a bang. Or at least is going to bang quite soon.

 [Can I also tell you that I am so happy I failed my microbiology course my 1st year of nursing. (I had taken 5 courses 1st semester and 6 courses 2nd semester and planned a youth conference roo 100 kids-so I was a little busy and over loaded) However after I failed that course I decided to take a year off and take a semester of electives and re-take that course. BLESSING in disguise. It then gave me the opportunity to move to Abbotsford, live with my family, work and pay for all of my second year.  It also gave me a much easier second year--course wise anyways. I really don't know what I would have done with taking a even fuller load than what I am doing right now. ]

Back from my rant...
So this semester is going to be crazy.
Monday- 3hr lecture 12-3
Tuesday- 3hr lecture (going to be super boring) 8-11
              - 2.5 hour night class
Wednesday -2hr lab
                   -3hr lecture
                   -2.5 hour night class
Thursday- 8hr clinical
Friday- 8hr clinical

Wow, that looks a lot busier than I thought. Shoot. Anyways this should be a interesting semester, in many different ways.

So I went down to Vancouver on Monday-the trip was good, super short--apart from my delayed flight. It was weird, only 2.5 hours, but I left exhausted-and I didn't even have any Benadryl. Maybe i've just been conditioned to be exhausted when I got to that hospital. I just had a few tests, blood work and then they sent me home. Oh and then the next day was brutal. I was SO TIRED. Anyways I have all in all had a strange week, kind of been irritable to be honest. But once I get my rear in gear I will be more focused on my studies and keep distracted.
Today I had a bit of a realization.. it still hasn't really sunk in, the fact that I have MS. I mean I don't sit around all day moping because I have MS, but it does hit me occasionally. How is this going to change in the future (yes I have no control over it), how much is ti going to affect me, am I still going to be able to do the things I love, how will I adjust. It is frustrating to not know what is going to happen to me and the consequences of it in my future. But those are my thoughts for the night.. I have a feeling they may not make sense.

Have a good night.

~Just a Girl

No comments: