Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 21- Woah!! Another Day....

....just living life.


I feel like I am just super duper excited and in a weird mood. Why? Well to tell you the truth, I'm not sure... But I can give you a list of things that have made me happy and put me in a good mood  in the past while:

1. I'm alive

2. I'm breathing

3. I'm "healthy" (haha, oh that cracks me up.. because I'm not actually all that healthy.. but I can pretend. Sorry, if you are not familiar with me and my sense of humour* I will warn you now because it may or may not come up in future posts. Especially if things get rough)

4. I have a great family

5. I have absolutely wonderful friends

6. I am able to walk

7. I can talk... most of the time (sometimes my brain goes blank and I don't always know what to say.. like when I get stressed out during a class presentation.. not gonna lie, its kind of funny- well in retrospect--because of the MS, I promise, maybe) 

8. Cousins who bring me treats on crummy days -milk chocolate (you know who you are)

9. Meeting old friends that you haven't seen in AGES- and it feels just like you saw them yesterday

10. A great family- oh I said that already

(Wow I'm only at 10? uhoh, I have 10 more... uhhh)

11. Oh yeah- grass on the ground- I'm in Vancouver, not my home town which may or may not have snow 

12. I like that I can blog the way I think and/or talk in my head and I don't have to be worried about grammar or spelling because I won't be marked on it

13. When there are no issues with IV infusions. (sad to say there were some today)

14. (Brackets) [so i can put in my side thoughts]

15. Ok my happy mood is gone.. I'm tired, Yes there are more things in life that make me happy, but I can't think and would rather tell you about my day. 

16. Oh one more thing... You guys. I really do appreciate you, for checking up on me, seeing how I'm doing, crying with me (I'm (not actually all that) sorry), sharing in my joy and trails. I appreciate you keeping the news of me to yourselves, because I have chosen you to be one of the select few to share my journey with. But hey, if you have stumbled upon this by accident I also hopes this helps you in some form or another. I really enjoy to blog my thoughts, frustrations, hardships and whatnots because it helps me process whats going on. I like to know that people are thinking and praying about me. So thank you to all of you and I hope you appreciate my blog as much as I do. :)

17. Remembering not to use the washroom as soon as I get up on trail days (PLEASE KEEP READING SO THIS ONE MAKES SENSE)

Day 21- Second half of my first dose.

So I came down to Vancouver last night from home, stayed at UBC as per usual. OH OH OH and I staying in the West Coast Suits, oh my goodness, best sleep I've had in the past few months! The bed was AMAZING, the pillow was so great and I don't think I moved all night. 

I got up in the morning in a much better mood than I did on my last in fusion... (you can read about it here @0315-0720). I also remembered not to go to the bathroom in the room because they have a urine sample every time and it takes forever! Seriously how many of you are able to go to the bathroom twice in like an hour in the morning after you haven't drank anything... yeah didn't think so! Oh I guess that could be another thing. (17.)
Then they took a bit of blood and sent me off to Medical Day Care. OK, not gonna lie I totally feel like a preschool kid when they say "You can go now and head off to Medical Day Care." I just think to myself pulling my little toy around on a string down the hallway on my way to daycare. However I promise you its not as fun and real pre school. Oh well they are helping me, theoretically, but actually they are.
After they sat me down in a not so bad chair they started my IV. As per usual they looked at my veins and probably said wonderful words in their head because mine don't look like exist. Actually they do because next step they poked me and I bled, right into the tubing- PS. its not supposed to do that. (for those non nursey people) Then the saline started dripping on my hand, so we had to figure that all out which took a while.
Result: faulty tubing.  
Then a wonderful cousin came by to say hi, brought me chocolate which and wether he knows it or not  made me quite happy. (8.) It was nice to see him, he's kind of great.
While he was there we all thought we were going crazy. We (being me, my mom, the woman beside me also getting treatment and my cousin) thought we saw a drop dripping from the IV pump but none of us could see it twice. Until my cousin did see it twice. So then we had to get that all switched up.

However all in all today was a good day. A little painful at times, needles are not my favorite thing it burns when the IV goes in, I don't really like getting blood drawn and I'm not keen on injections. But that is all ok. I am in a great bed and must sleep. So goodnight. Sleep well and so will I.

~Just a Girl

*Disclaimer: I have a morbid sense of humour. Enjoy! (and please laugh with me, because that is what I want)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazingly well with all you have had to deal with these past 2 months. There has been a lot for you to process while continuing on with your studies, exercise routine, spiritual life, friends and family. We are praying for you to receive relief from your symptoms, comfort and peace from your heavenly Father, and strength to get done what you need to one day at a time.

Christ has made you more than"Just a Girl," and He is walking this journey with you all the way!

Just A Girl said...

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts.