Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 107- God is Able

God is AbleHe will never failHe is almighty God
Greater than all we seekGreater than all we askHe has done great things
Lifted up, He defeated the graveraised to life, our God is ableIn His name, we overcomeFor the Lord, our God is able
God is with usGod is on our sideHe will make a way
Far above all we knowFar above all we hopeHe has done great things
I went out tonight.. to a worship night for the city. It was good to get out of the house for a bit and just get lost in the worship. It was actually so great to get lost in worship. I hadn't had that in a while. I also learned something about myself... that when I am 'lost', by myself in the back or a room I feel so comfortable that I will dance or fall to my knees in worship. It was a good feeling to feel free without judgement in doing that. What also helped with that was an old friend for years had tried to get me to dance and jump in church or someplace of worship and I just never felt comfortable.  However the persistance of them and encouragement to do so helped...eventually. I think they would've been proud of me :) 
So tonight they had 4 different bands play and in between they had a bit of a message or quick thought. For the first 3 bands I knew one or two of their songs. However the last band I knew most of them and the one was "God is Able." I love how much truth there is to that song. Every line is so true. I feel like its hard to come to terms with it at times but when I do it brings me to tears. 
So, about my week or at least since my last post. I wouldn't say that it has been easy. But I am thankful for a few things. 
1. Clinical- Being in the hospital is so encouraging. My uncle and aunt keep telling me how I just glow after I come home from the hospital. It is so nice to just be able to talk to patients, learn. I usually feel completely useless and inept. My highlight so far has been being able to talk to a client about their post surgery symptoms. I had done a assessment with my clinical instructor watching, she pointed out one thing that I missed on the assessment and was teling about edema and we were scaling it. Afterwards, later that evening I went back and was checking out on them I checked for edema again and asked them if they even knew what that was. They said they didn't so I explained to them that after surgery is was swelling and fluid build up in their leg and so on. But it was good to frist feel like I knew what I was doing and I was able to just talk and get to know them better. 
2. Exercise- I love that feeling of knowing that you have done something productive and healthy. I know that right know I am not able to exercise like I used to, running, playing volleyball, basketball etc. So I have taken up swimming. Keeps my body cool enough that I can still see when I'm done. But my girlfriend and I have been going to the pool like 5 days a week. I personally just swim for a designated amount of time and she likes to do 32 laps (800m) and then be done. Most of the time it is do 4 laps and then take a break and--chat pretty much. But one day this week I did 20 laps at one time (I have also learned how to flip turn). THEN the next day I was determined to do more, and did all 800m without stopping. If it doesn't seem like an impressive feat IT IS!! 
3. Friends- I have been blessed with 3 great friends this semester. One is my swimming buddy and she is in like all of my classes. She is great-- favorite moments was this past week before clinical we were going to study, swim and then go to clinical. However we ended up skipping the studying and just going early and goofing around. We would end up getting there and realizing that we were exhausted and just being ridiculous. We have decided that we would be a rockstar team if we were even allowed to be in the same clinical group. Another one of my friends is kind of amazing, she is a rockstar on her own. Her and her husband are incredible and such great role models. They have been a great support for me, trying to figure out my MS stuff and have been a good prayer supporter as well. So thank you. My third one, she makes me laugh. I have really gotten to know her much better in the past month. We drove home to PG together after Christmas which was a great bonding moment, we go swimming occasionally, one day I got a call at 7:00am asking if I could help her out, and I got to play nurse all day. Which was honestly the highlight of that week. It has been great to make a new friend and realize that they have very very similar views as you. She is one of those. Each of these girls have been an amazing blessing to me in the past few months and I know that it will continue on in the future. 
So those are the top three things that have been on my "Thankful List" lately. 
The pain in my hands have been on and off. Right now is alright, but tonight it was really bugging me. I also find that when I am stressed out the pain gets worse. Not fun. 
OH! But I talked to my MS nurse about my pain she has a potential solution. It is a 3 day infusion, most likely in PG of a steroid and then also receive a drug called Tegretol (carbamazipine), which is an anticonvusant for seizures  and apparently neuropathic pain. I am hoping to do that over Reading Break. Supposed to help the pain and possibly help with a bit of the fatigue. So I will keep you updated. 

That is all for tonight. I am going to bed.
Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. 
~Just a Girl 
PS. The Day #- incase you either forgot or don't know. But it is the amount of days since I started treatment. (My drug trial)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you danced :)

Just A Girl said...

had a bit of encouragement this week to help.... Thank you Karz.

Glen Thielmann said...

Nice to see you at dinner on Sunday with all the Thielmanns and most of the Neumanns. I really appreciate your bravery in sharing your health/MS story with us and your willingness to air your thoughts online. Definitely a sobering set of thoughts that I left with (not that my parents cracked open the wine!). As much as "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor" I really hope your situation re the MS improves and the modern medicine & treatment catches up to the illness. Kepp writing from the heart, as you have done, and don't worry so much if it is not always uplifting... sometimes it is helpful just to let the good, bad, and ugly sit side by side on the page/blog in order to give full respect to truth, time, and thought.