Sunday, February 17, 2013

One Year

Wow, thinking back on what was going on last February it was a whirlwind. Literally. I rolled over in bed one morning and everything changed. I felt like I had been on a tire swing all night and wanted to throw up. Three weeks later it went away. I then noticed that when I walked my vision was being funny. It then snowballed from there...

However it is so strange to look back, I have been up until this point thinking "Last year at this time I was playing volleyball and not tired all the time, my hands weren't numb." I feel like I am hitting these milestones and not necessarily being bitter about it, but thinking about how things can change so fast and you have no idea what is to come.

This next week is reading and I have decided its a good time to take the time to just seek God, pray, worship and just think about things going on in my life. Yesterday I went down to one of my favorite spots near the river. I had my sleeping bag, a blanket, my journal and my Bible. It was a nice sunny, spring-ish day, not super cold. But it was nice to just sit there and talk to God, and think. The best part about these moments was after I journaled and I was desiring to hear God's voice and just wanting answers about my future. I then opened my Bible on my phone and it had a "Verse of the Day" This is what it was.
Jeremiah 33:2,3 "2 “This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

It was a perfect verse. It is a perfect verse. IT is so true, and encouraging. This verse also sums up what I want out of this week. It has been a hard semester, probably as hard as last semester but in different ways. These past few weeks have been difficult, but it feels like things are looking up. I have found a few of my friends again, which has been really nice. I have a full week off to focus and just take a bit of time for myself. Which is my plan.

Anyways those are a few of my thoughts for tonight. I hope your guys' weekend was good. Have a great week!

~Just a Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how He speaks to us.. And I love that your are longing to hear Him speak. That's a good reminder to me too.