Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 92- Some Days

Well clinical has started and thank goodness. It makes me so happy... at this point I love clinical--ask me again when I am so exhausted, and have probably done something wrong. Then maybe I will have a different answer. But as of now, after day 2 it is so great. Yesterday was orientation and we wandered around the floor; Surgery North and just became familiar with the location of everything. But when things really hit me was as I was driving home I burst into tears because finally I felt like I was doing something right. Things felt good. It has felt like a long time since I have felt this at peace with things. Nursing, I really do love it. I love talking to people, helping, making jokes, teasing, laughing, learning. I love when I am albe to put a smile on someone's face. When I can make their most awful day just a little bit better.

It is things like this that really makes me happy, it 'fills my cup'. I love people. When I got home from clinical today my uncle and good friend were both noting how I just looked so 'happy'/'perky' and such.

But things feel good. It seems like it has been a long time... things have been hard, but I think this is good.

My goal: Finish nursing.

Thank you for praying, keeping me in your thoughts, I cannot say this enough. I have had a greater amount of energy these days, I have decided that I really just need to live day by day... Because I really do not know what tomorrow is going to bring. I have done my best to note and be intentionally thankful for at least one thing a day. It has helped. Maybe it will for you too.

I hope you guys have a great weekend. I will be studying and hopefully skating and watching movies.

~Just a Girl

1 comment:

Robin said...

So glad you let me "in" on your blog. Enjoyed this post & our conversation today. The description you give of what you love about nursing makes me think of your mom. She is that sort of person too :).