Thursday, April 11, 2013

Quarter Way Treatment Day


I have been on my treatment plan for officially 6 months. I have 18 months left then I will be on the "Rock Star" drug. : )
_____________________________________________

As some of you know or remember from my Facebook post this morning I was quite concerned about this dreadful cough and my MRI. I don't know about you but I find it impossible to cough and keep completely still while someone is taking a picture (or 100's) of my brain.

But today's MRI did go well, or as well as a 2.5 hour MRI can go. My cough behaved a little better than I anticipated. I just asked for a bit of water in between some of the pictures. I only had to redo 2 or 3 of them in the end. Which wasn't ideal, but I would rather they have great pictures if I could just hold still a little longer.
However I have discovered a new drug, well not new, but new to me. Ativan--anti-anxiety/sedation drug. I have a lot of those to my psychotic patients to calm them if they were hearing voices or something like that- so its a very strong drug. But wow! is it ever good. Granted I went to the MRI tired, but that drug put me into a nice calm state drifting in and out of thoughts and dreams. I may or may not have felt like the walls were moving and it felt like I was in a hammock swaying back and forth, itt was nice. None the less it was still painful and extremely uncomfortable, but I made it though alright. It is better now that I have done a few and am knowing what to expect. But Ativan is the way to go for sure.

Tomorrow is infusion day. Should take up to 5 hours to infuse me and a few more tests like blood work and such. They might want to check on my heart to make sure no drugs are damaging it. But then I will be heading home.

I will say it has been super nice to get out of PG and see friends. I saw my cousin and a few other friends at UBC last night and it was GREAT! We laughed pretty hard and made many many many connectons between my family and my friends and other families. It is crazy how small the Christian community can be and how interconnected people can get. But it was a lot of fun.

Tonight I hung out with one of my close girl friends who comes to my treatment days with me from Abbotsford. She wanted me to meet one of her friends who is going to school at UBC and it was great. We had a lot of fun going out for supper, talking, hanging out, sharing stories and getting to know one another.

The hospital part of this trip and the reasons for why I am here aren't great, but it has been great finding ways to make the trips better. Meeting new friends, seeing old ones, visiting cousins. It has been really nice.

Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers. These next few weeks are going to be tough mentally and probably emotionally. Trying to finish up my semester and pass my classes. I am going to need a lot more energy to finish up this year strong. But then I do have a lot to look forward to this summer, which one day I will tell you more about. : )

A friend posted this part of these verses the other day and it hit me in a good place so I will leave it with you tonight: (last line is my favorite)

1 Peter 5:7-10 
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.
8 Be alert and sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 
9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 
10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Chris, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strongfirm and steadfast


Have a great night guys! Rest well.


~Just a Girl

No comments: