Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finally Done_Almost


April 27, 2013

Finally, and I am not totally sure how, but I am done my classes for the semester and my finals. And then the best part of this whole story is that I passed all of my courses this year. (when i found that out I cried) To be honest I am totally sure how I did it, but I also know that it is not something I did on my own. I would not have been able to accomplish this without family, friends and most importantly God. It has been an absolutely crazy year and not one I wish to repeat in any means, but I learned many things about myself.  Maybe, one day I will give a nice list.


April 30, 2013

Well, one thing I have learned is to not take for granted the good times in life, just don't go through life and not take the time to look back, or forward and be thankful for the things you have.
One of the biggest things in my life lately have been my friends and family. Wow I do not know or want to even think about what I would do without them. The encouragement that they deliver, the prayer, thoughts, comfort, someone to cry with, laugh with, someone to just make fun of me and help me laugh and myself, or even just talk to for hours.

Man, as I'm sure you've read in the past year.. its been rough, and at times when I think things are clearing up, something else pops up, granted it happens with everyone... but I also am the one writing the blog and I get to talk about my wonderful challenges. :) In retrospect, and I am trying to learn to see the challenges in life a good thing, something that would help me grow, move on, grow deeper with Christ.
Last night I hung out with two great friends and a awesome baby--I was having a less than ideal day, I mean seriously getting shampoo in your eyes sucks! (I havent done that since I was like 5, and this stuff wasn't kid friendly) That was only part of it, but I will spare you the details and will just hit the highlights of the day. I was able to hang out with my cousin, saw another good friend who touches my heart every time we hang out, she is so encouraging and just speaks truth into my life.
But it was last night in the evening that one of my friends reminded me of James 1:2-4. I know I wrote a post on it a while ago but it was a great reminder.

James 1:2-4

"Count it all joy my brothers, when you are faced with trials of many kind, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete and not lacking anything."

I love love love this verse, I love the challenge (at times). It is a good reminder for any point in life, but I want to be able to look back on the trials of many kinds be proud of the way I persevered through them. I want to be mature not lacking in anything. 
Some days I don't feel competent, I feel insecure, I don't feel good enough....but I also know its not true, those are the lies of the world. But those things are not true, and it is nice to be able to see those things and recognize the lies. I know I am loved, I am worthy, I am a great friend, I am smart, I know these things and it is a good reminder to tell our selves the truths that God tells us. We are His, we are loved and cherished everyday. I want to remind myself that daily, I know I don't and at times it makes it hard, when I believe the lies.
I guess that would be one thing I have learned over this last semester; life is a choice. A good/great life is a choice. To be with God is a choice. But there are always two options, sometimes a lot more evident when something hard comes along, but you can choose to let it over take you, run your life or you can chose to deal with it. Give the challenges to God and "Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. Hey, I also am not gonna put myself on any kind of pedestal, because I don't do that all the time, but I want to. 

Anyways, I have had a few realizations over the past little while and those are a few I've had.

Hope you have a great day!

-Just a Girl

No comments: