Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Lessons Learned

I learned a few things this week....
1. People will continue to surprise me. Last weekend I was having a rough time. Feeling pretty emotional. I was (and still continually) trying to wrap my head around my MS stuff, I was missing family, and friends. Saturday was an ok day, hung out with a girlfriend for a bit which was great. Then Sunday, which always seems to be my emotional day. I went to church. Made it the through without crying--which I was impressed about. It wasn't until I got into my car that I couldn't hold back. I burst into tears. I thought I would be alright so I started driving out of the parking lot. I got to the side road and I couldn't see because of all the tears. So I pulled over and grabbed some Kleenex and did my best to pull myself together. As I was tryin to regain myself a few cars drove by. However, one drove by turned the corner and not even 30 seconds left I see it again in my rear view mirror and it pulls in front of me. A lady get out, whom I have never seen before and comes to my widow to ask if I'm alright. I decided to be honest and just say no... But to make a long story short, I made a new friend last Sunday and I know it was no coincidence.
2. Lesson number two. Sometimes I can't hold it all together and life really does scare me. Right now I am torn between doing third year over 2 years or one. At this point I really have no idea if I will be able to cope with a course load as heavy as third year. But I also really do not want to take any longer to get my schooling done. I know it's not a bad thing, maybe it's pride or who knows. Maybe next year, personally there won't be as many surprises, and I will have the strength to do third year in one year. I don't know. Another prayer request--God would make it clear to me as to what I should do.
3. My last few lessons from this week have been;
a) I am capable of keeping a clean spotless room--trying to sell a house can be a pain, but once it's done. I am very capable of making a disaster--a productive mess mind you, I am doing some spring cleaning.
b) I like getting out of town. I went down to Kelowna for this weekend. To visit my cousin and meet up with my family. It was great.
Well those are the most important things on my mind at the moment.

~Just a Girl

No comments: