Friday, May 31, 2013

London and More...

Well, as I promised I would tell you guys about my next three weeks. So as of now I am in London, England. (Well actually I'm on the plane at 1:00am your time)
Oh man, I have wanted to come to England and Europe since I was about 10. It is something I have always talked about.. If you have heard my talk about my future honeymoon, it was in my mind always backpacking Europe just like my parents.
My aunt lives here and her and my dad collaborated and decided it was a great time for me to come over. I wasn't about to argue with that either. My aunt has lots of my time planned out already, which I think will be kind of nice, I honestly am not picky. I'm just stoked to hang out with her and see many amazing places.
0309- Half an hour from landing and I am catching myself holding back a huge smile... I am getting so excited, I almost feel like it's a movie.. And that I can't be real--but soon enough it will be.
At this point I almost wish I could just be in my own plane and be able to turn up the music super loud and just have my own dance party.. Which is possibly one of my favorite things these days in my car on my own. : )
-------------------------
Count it all joy, when you are faxed with trials of many kinds, because the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so you may be mature and complete not lacking in anything.
Looking back still I LOVE this verse. Every time I think about it something new comes up, "mature and not lacking in anything" I don't know about you but lately I have found each new 'problem' as a challenge and find myself looking for a lesson in that... I would also love to challenge you as well: When faced with something that sucks, find the joy, find a lesson, laugh through it. That has been my main way of getting through the terrible situations. My friends, family and I have had a few good laughs about my MonSter on more than one occasion. I also love when someone else teases me or throws something at me from left field and totally surprises me. I want my friends to be ok with it and be able to laugh with/at me.
I also want to say thank you for the responses I have gotten from my blog. Some of the messages and comments that I have gotten brings me great joy. When I was first diagnosed I remembered the blog my family started for Sam. I knew how much of an encouragement that blog was for other people. I wanted to be able to make something for other people in the future to read and be encouraged by. If there are or were lessons, tips, tricks, etc that I could learn and have others learn from them also without being in my shoes then that was my goal, is my goal still. I know it helped one person specifically with seeing how MS really affected someone on a daily basis, gave her a new understanding of MS. Even if it was just for that one person this whole process is worth it for me. Medically, earthy, without God healing me completely I will be stuck with this disease. (I do believe that God can heal me, but right now I still have the disease) I will have this disease for the rest of my life, which I have come to terms with. There are great drugs to look after the symptoms and stuff but no cure-yet. So if I am going to have this disease than why not make the best of it? I'm not saying I always think like that, but God is good, He is faithful and has taken care of me so well this past year especially. I know He will continue to so the same

No comments: