Saturday, March 2, 2013

God, Gravol and Gabapentin

Those are the three G's that got me through this last week.

First and foremost, I just have to say thank you. Thank you for your prayers. This week would have been much harder if it wasn't for your prayers and encouraging comments and support.

Monday and Tuesday was hard, I was still feeling pretty sick or just exhausted. My sleep still was not doing all that great. I slept in and rested for those two days.
Wednesday was good, I was still pretty exhausted and to be quite honest I don't even remember what I did the frist 3 days of this week. Buuuuttt.... then Wednesday night came around. 
I then had clinical on Thursday. However I also knew that I had to get up at 0500 for it. I found the best combination for sleep. God, Gravol and Gabapentin. I woke up on Thursday with energy and excitement for the day. I finally felt rested, a feeling that I had not experienced for a very long time.
I had a great day in clinical. The staff were great, patients were wonderful and just great to talk to and get to know.
Friday was just as great, much more exhausting, but great none the less. I had my midterm evaluation from my clinical instructor. She was very pleased with me. She loved the way that I interact with the staff, patients and other students. She commented on things that I had no idea people were watching. (that sounds weird, let me clear it up) But it was a conversation that I had with this little boy, at the water machine. It was simple, harmless, 45 second conversation about coffee and french vanilla. I hardly thought anything of it. At the end of my shift I had two clients give me a hug. It made my day. 

Oh, I love clinical, I love working in the hospital, I think am going to LOVE being a nurse. (never did I thinkI would say that) I love that I am able to bring a little bit of light to someones crappy day. I love learning about the body, how it works and the different methods of healing it, watching it heal.

Anyways, I think that the drugs that I got are finally starting to kick in. The swelling in my hand has gone down, the pain has lessened and the energy comes and goes. But things are starting to look up a little bit.

Another quote for you tonight... I came across it the other day.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it. Change your attitude. 

OH (right dad?) Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference... :)

Have a good evening!

~Just a Girl

No comments: